Monday 28 January 2008

Winter Trees in the City (At night!)

For some reason the words did not post.

I took these tonight with a tripod during a snowstorm. The sky was really reddish, due to reflected lights from businesses. I did enhance it slightly, but did not create it.

Winter Trees in the City (at night), by Mary Taitt. (I love YOUR winter trees, Kate, but none like that here!) Click images to view a little larger.

One of these trees is back-lit and one front-lit and the difference here is interesting.

6 comments:

Katie J said...

Looks like a hazy moon behind the top one. Love the snow clinging to the branches. A great colour even if it is man made. They look great. I am jealous of your snow on trees. Havn't had one single snowflake this year. But we have crocuses, snowdrops, daffodils out already. And midges flying around! The pigeons are getting frisky too.

billie49 said...

I really like these, especially the front lit, looks magenta.... take the tree out of the bottom left corner. top front lit is nice too. we have too much snow on trees. today was the 1st sunny day and of course I had to go to work, the light this morning was magnificent, and didn't last long.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks Moo and Billie! I love YOUR trees, Kate! But the snow--and we have more today--is really scenic looking. No crocuses or snowdrops though.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Does Billie 49 have a blog? I can't find it.

val said...

val is billie 49

Katie J said...

Hi Billie!